In 1984, the California Legislative Action Committee was formed. CLAC is a volunteer committee of CAI consisting of homeowners and professionals serving HOA’s. It is the largest advocacy organization in America dedicated to monitoring legislation, educating elected state lawmakers and protecting the interests of those living in community associations in California. In the past, CLAC has been instrumental in working with the State legislators in the formulation of bills and enactment of laws relating to community associations.
To safeguard and improve the community association lifestyle and their property values by advocating a reasonable balance between state statutory requirements and the ability and authority of individual homeowners to govern themselves through their community associations.
HOW DOES CLAC ACCOMPLISH ITS GOALS?
- Reviews and takes positions on all legislative bills affecting homeowners associations
- Hosts a “Legislative Day at the Capitol” event each year to educate legislators and members
- Employs a lobbyist, Louie Brown, to testify at hearings and lobby (educate) the legislators in Sacramento
- Alerts HOA’s and their managers about important legislation
- Makes visits to legislators in their districts to continue the education that began in Sacramento
- Organizes “grass-roots” efforts to communicate in mass with legislators over topics that are particularly important to community associations
- Acts as a resource for legislators when considering legislation having to do with community associations
Should you have any interest in following legislation that affects community associations in California, please sign up for CAI-CLAC’s blog and email alerts.
The National CAI website also extensively discusses national legislative issues relevant to homeowner associations.
CAI-ORANGE COUNTY CHAPTER’S CLAC REPRESENTATIVES
Louie Brown, Esq.
Robert M. DeNichilo, Esq., CCAL
Westpark Maintenance District
Dave Potter, CMCA, AMS
To support CAI-CLAC and their efforts in protecting the interests of Community Association residents, please consider the voluntary ‘Buck A Door or More’ fundraising efforts.
Click here for a Buck A Door Form or contribute online.
Thank you to our 2023 CLAC Contributors
- Cove Community Association
- Evergreen Lakeview HOA
Thank you to our 2022 CLAC Contributors
- Azzurra HOA
- Beachside Community Association
- Casitas Californias Townhouses Association
- East Lake Village Community Association
- Huntington View Point OA
- Northwood Timberline HOA
- Rancho Veracruz Condo Association
- Talega Gallery Community Association
- The Villas Community Association
- Vidorra HOA
- Westpark Maintenance District
CLAC FUNDRAISER EVENT SPONSORS
COMEDY NIGHT FOR CLAC 2022
CLAC FUNDRAISER CONCERT 2022