This course covers the legal basis of community rules, policies and procedures. You’ll gain a better understanding of board and management responsibilities and a better grasp of the community association as a legal entity. Learn how to advise and support your board and how to revise policies and procedures to comply with current laws and recommended management practices. Topics include:
- Developing and enforcing rules
- Using an attorney or other professional advisor
- Conflicts of interest and ethics
- Reviewing and amending governing documents
- Statutes and case law affecting community management
- Fiduciary responsibilities of association boards, committees and managers
- Management contracts
In addition to a participant guide and digital access to bonus readings and materials, you will receive:
- CAI Guide for Association Practitioners: Conflicts of Interest
2 days | 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. both days
Students have 30 days from the live course to complete an online, multiple-choice examination.
Online Course: 4-6 hours to complete the course plus 4 hours of study via reading assignments and discussion boards. Students have 4 months—120 days from purchase date—to complete the course and take the 60-minute exam to receive credit.
CAI member: $479 | Nonmember: $579 Join Now!
CLICK HERE to learn more and register online.