Education For Managers

Professional Management Development Program

The only nationwide education program designed exclusively for community association managers who work with condominiums, homeowner associations, and cooperatives of all sizes. Successful completion of the program, including state-of-the-art instruction in law, communications, operations and asset protection, is required to obtain CAI's highest professional designation: Professional Community Association Manager (PCAM®). 

CMCA Video from Kathy Gonzales on Vimeo.

Manager Certifications and Designations

The CMCA certification, administered by the CAI affiliated organization, Community Association Managers International Certification Board (CAMICB), is recommended for all community association managers. It can elevate your credibility and your community association's confidence in you.

The AMS designation demonstrates a higher level of commitment to your career and the community association industry. An AMS designation is recommended for managers who want to enhance their career opportunities by increasing their knowledge and expertise.

  • PCAM®-Professional Community Association Manager® The pinnacle of community association management. The PCAM designation is the highest professional recognition available nationwide to managers who specialize in community association management. Earn your PCAM and join the elite-the select-the best.

Recommended for experienced managers who want to demonstrate advanced skills and knowledge and who wish to be recognized as one of the best and most experienced managers in the nation.

  • LSM®-Large-Scale Manager® This specialist designation is designed to allow PCAM members to specialize within their profession. CAI acknowledges the unique aspects of being a large-scale community manager and is providing an opportunity for recognition and continuing education in order for you to expand your career opportunities.

If you are a volunteer or board member seeking to hire a manager, insurance and risk management consultant, reserve provider or attorney for your association, visit our Directory of Credentialed Professionals.