About CAI-CLAC: California Legislative Action Committee
Recognized by CAI National as the 2012 Legislative Action Committee of the Year.
To safeguard and improve the community association lifestyle and their property values by advocating a reasonable balance between state statutory requirements and the ability and authority of individual homeowners to govern themselves through their community associations.
Is a non-profit, statewide committee of the Community Associations Institute (CAI)
Educates legislators about Common Interest Development (HOA) living and governance
Serves the interests of approximately 13,000,000 homeowners residing in over 50,000 community associations throughout California
Is not a PAC (Political Action Committee), and makes no political contributions
Functions solely on the donations of the community associations it represents
Does not consult or provide expert testimony in litigated matters, nor does it provide litigation support of any kind
Does not advocate or take positions on local issues, including city or county ordinances
- Does not provide legal advice.
The legislation we monitor, support, or oppose has a direct impact on the community associations you live in, work with or manage.
How Does CLAC Accomplish Its Goals?
- Reviews and takes positions on all legislative bills affecting homeowners associations
- Hosts a "Legislative Day at the Capitol" event each year to educate legislators and members
- Employs a veteran lobbyist, Skip Daum, to testify at hearings and lobby (educate) the legislators in Sacramento
- Alerts HOA's and their managers about important legislation
- Makes visits to legislators in their districts to continue the education begun in Sacramento
- Organizes "grass-roots" efforts to communicate en masse with legislators over topics that are particularly important to community associations
- Acts as a resource for legislators when considering legislation having to do with community associations
Should you have any interest in following legislation that affects community associations in California, please sign up for our blog and our free email alerts.
CAI's California Legislative Action Committee
TEL: (916) 791-4750 FAX: (916) 505-9488