Community Association Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all Civil Code, State and City statutes and ordinances, and legal document requirements are met such that the Board of Directors and Association remain in compliance.
- Manage Board of Directors and implement direction of managing the association at the direction of the Board and within the scope of the management contract.
- Create agendas for Board and Committee meetings and packets (Board Packets) in accordance with company procedures. Responsible for all Board meeting follow-up, meeting minutes, and correspondence.
- Schedule, coordinate and monitor the activities of each contractor, vendor or service provider who is working in the Association’s common areas and report the progress made to the Board.
- Receive and respond to homeowner’s maintenance requests. Report, as appropriate, on the status of requests and work in progress to the Board.
- Site visit according to the management contract.
- Oversight of each association relating to billing, collection, budget, taxes, audit and financial statement preparation including delinquent status
- Prepare budgets and review financials.
- Manage bid processes by obtaining competitive bids for work that exceeds authorized limit and submit bids to the Board for review and approval.
- Educate association Board Members on changes to legislation that impacts their association. This may also be conducted with the assistance of the association’s general counsel.
- Manage all deadlines (internal company deadlines and external account deadlines) and update on the association’s annual calendar.
- Work with insurance agent to ensure the association is properly insured.
- Work with the association’s legal counsel during as a liaison to the Board.
- Manage Association vendors and ensure performance of the scope of work on their contract.
- Process homeowner violations as directed by the Board of Directors
- Responsible for all aspects of coordination in the annual meeting/election process.
- Responsible for all association files (past and present) in accordance with company standardized hard copy and electronic system.
- Utilize company support staff in accomplishing daily tasks in an efficient and professional manner.
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license and be able to drive to association clients, potential clients, and other meetings as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in the industry managing homeowners’ associations.
- Excellent customer service and relationship building background/skills.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills consisting of oral, written and listening skills with the ability to draft, coordinate and make presentations in a Board meeting if necessary
- Collaborative decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical and creative thinking skills.
- In-depth experience with project management, budget management and strategic goal development.
- Excellent, effective, and diplomatic verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service driven.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Ability to draft business correspondence and reports along with responding to inquiries and client concerns effectively and independently.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and time management abilities while working in a fast-paced, multitasking environment.
- Set and communicate deadlines and follow through on tasks for clients, including resident homeowners, committees and boards of directors.
- Demonstrate integrity and honesty while interacting with clients and team members.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must be able to attend and actively participate at evening meetings as required.
- Must be able to be on-call if needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- CCAM® designation or CMCA® and AMS® designations desired
- Valid Driver’s License and State mandated vehicle insurance.
- CMCA will be required within one year
Salary depended upon experience
Long Beach, CA 90803