Accounts Receivable Specialist
Salary Range:$20.0000 To 22.0000 Hourly
This is a full-time onsite position, working Monday through Friday 8:00a-5:00p in Irvine, CA.
Come work with us!! We want you to join our team, why you ask? Well, it is one of the top places to work in Orange County.
That’s right, Optimum has been recognized as one of OC Top Places to Work for the past 4 years. We offer competitive salaries, encourage work life balance and strong support from our fantastic team members.
We are looking for a customer service driven individual who is interested in getting involved in the HOA industry as an Accounts Receivable Specialist that understands the benefits of a team culture and works with the team to exceed the expectations of our clients and homeowners.,. Our priority is ensuring quality service and striving to be better than our competitors.
We are excited to have you join our dynamic and talented team.
HOW WE INVEST IN YOU
We offer a competitive salary along with medical, dental, life insurance, 401K match, mileage reimbursement, paid vacation, paid sick leave and paid holidays. We provide a work life balance by providing a generous amount of time off. We are proud of our on-going training program, opportunities, and professional growth, these are just a few more ways we invest in YOU!
Our focus is to elevate industry service standards following our 25-year service vision. Our vision serves as the framework for our roadmap and guides every aspect of our business by describing what we need to accomplish, to continue achieving sustainable, quality growth. We are committed to enhancing our leadership and industry expertise to become the premier choice in community management.
Job Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Respond to telephone, e-mail and written correspondence from homeowners, clients and industry related companies
- Process homeowner payments, balance transfer transactions and address changes
- Meet with homeowner walk-in traffic regarding balance disputes and collection issues.
- Investigate billing and payment challenges
- Process NSF checks and ACH payment transaction corrections
- Prepare and send correspondence as needed.
- Post payment and account adjustments
- Post and maintain association assessments.
- Maintain and manage association monthly assessment billings, special assessment.
- Generate monthly homeowner Billing Statements
- Enter and maintain homeowner ACH information.
- Process, transmit and balance daily / monthly ACH payment files to bank.
- Process daily lockbox payment files
- Process ACH files as scheduled
- Process ACH Payment exceptions with homeowners
- Process late charges, prelien letters and liens for delinquent accounts
- Assist in processing intent to foreclose and attorney packages.
- Answer emails and phone calls from Board Members, Community Association Managers, Attorneys, and Homeowners for collections matters
- Process foreclosures by sending information to the applicable parties.
- Follow-up with collection attorneys on all pending matters (requests, complaints, etc.)
- Process approvals and denials of all requests based on client decisions.
- File creditors’ claims with the court as needed.
- Meet with the Community Manager before a board meeting to assist with any matters relating to collections.
- Process requests from Collection Attorneys, Community Association Managers, and Homeowners
- Handle escalated collection attorney matters based on Board requests
- Process collections reports as requested by the manager for Board Meetings
- Review and code collection attorney invoices
- Review and update compliance tracking
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- HOA (property management) experience preferred but not required
- At least 2 years collection experience preferred
- 4-year college degree is a plus, but not required
- Excellent communication skills (both written & verbal)
- Strong attention to detail
- Customer service driven
- Strong organizational, customer service, and time management skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Medical, Dental, 401K, Paid vacation, Paid sick leave, Paid holidays, Incentive Programs, and A LOT of Company Functions!