Each year since the introduction of the Davis-Stirling Common Interest Development Act in 1984, the Act has been amended by the California legislature. This course will identify those Assembly and Senate bill that are amending the civil code.
Bills from this year’s legislative cycle include:
- SB 721 - Would have imposed new maintenance standards on balconies, decks and elevated walkways
- SB 261 - Provides administrative efficiencies within community associations
- AB 2912 - Fortifies finances on community associations
- SB 1265 - Threatens association residents’ privacy rights, ability to prevent certain felons and others from serving on HOA boards
- SB1128 - Would allow for election by acclamation
The Department of Fair Employment and Housing has issued new regulations that affect community association. Learn what these new regulations are about and how management and boards of directors need to change processes.
Angie Adams, CMCA, AMS, PCAM, Pacific Coast Management
Andrew Scoble, Esq., Fiore, Racobs & Powers, A PLC
Tuesday, November 13, 2018
6:00 pm Registration
6:15 pm Program Begins
CAI - OCRC Office
1971 E. 4th Street
Santa Ana, CA 92705
Thank you to our class sponsors
Accell Property Management, Inc., AAMC
Ameri-Cal Repipe and Plumbing
Association Reserves - CA/Orange County, LLC
Cardinal Property Management, AAMC
Fiore, Racobs & Powers, APLC
Firstline Security Systems
FirstService Residential, AAMC
Keystone Pacific Property Management, LLC, AAMC
Optimum Professional Property Management, Inc. (ACMF)
ProActive Professional Management
Reserve Studies, Inc.
Securitas Security Services USA, Inc.
Villa Park Landscape